Sunday, March 21, 2010

Week 9: Instant Messaging

I didn't have time to do the IM lesson during the week that it was originally posted and am just now trying to get caught up.  I have IM'd using Facebook, and I just signed up for Meebo and added a Meebo window to this blog.  So far, I am not impressed with what I have seen in Meebo chat rooms, but I haven't chatted yet with any 23Thingsks folks.  I'm sure the conversation would be much more interesting than any of the ones I have seen today while lurking on Meebo.
IM on Facebook has helped me connect with friends/family in new ways (especially some of the younger members of my extended family.)  It still feels odd to me, and I am unsure of IM etiquette, if there is such a thing?!?  Privacy is another concern.

I appreciate the uses listed in the 23things lesson for the week but most do not apply to my work situation in a busy elementary school library\/art room.

No comments: